I can teach you to reduce anxiety. Here are recommendations of things to do to reduce anxiety. I suggest you pick three things to do on a daily basis and go from there. One of the main jobs I have as a therapist is to help teach clients in my Davie office to reduce anxiety. People don’t like the way anxiety makes them feel so they seek my services to help them. Here are my recommendations on ways to reduce anxiety. They are things you can start doing today!
1. Keep a journal of your unhealthy thoughts
2. Look into the mirror every day and connect with your inner self
3. Identify your triggers to anxiety
4. Change, accept or eliminate triggers to your anxiety
5. Do progressive muscle relaxation when you are anxious. http://youtu.be/HFwCKKa–18
6. Do tapping around anxiety. http://youtu.be/K6kq9N9Yp6E
7. Read this blog post. http://www.amandapattersonlmhc.com/managing-anxiety-change-the-world-from-unsafe-to-safe/
8. Call someone in your support system when you feel very anxious
9. Say positive affirmations throughout the day. Put stickies up around your house. Put reminders in your phone. “I am safe”
10. Meditate. http://youtu.be/xoYnqvadurg
Amanda Patterson, LMHC, CAP , Mental Health Counselor of the Year by the Florida Mental Health Counseling Association, decided to become a therapist while attending Nova Southeastern University. She saw the need to help people achieve the life they wanted to live, while creating a life of her own. She completed her master’s in Mental Health Counseling and started a career in the juvenile justice arena. Amanda has been a therapist for ten years and has a private practice in Wellington, Florida, specializing in depression, anxiety, relationship issues, and substance abuse in teenagers and young adults. Amanda is a believer in holistic treatment and she practices veganism, meditation and yoga in her life. Find out more about her practice here.